Resources: watercolour paint, watercolour paper (not essential), acrylic or poster paint, thick paintbrush, thin paintbrush, pencil, cotton buds, scissors, glue.
What you do:
1) Use watercolours with a wide brush. Use blues, pinks, yellows and greens in horizontal washes to create a beautiful background.
2) When dry, add flower detail to the foreground using cotton buds and acrylic or poster paint.
3) In pencil, draw some tree shapes on separate paper. Use my tree board on pinterest for inspiration
Then paint your trees in different shades of green watercolour wash.
4) When dry, add branches with acrylic or poster paint and a thin brush. You may want to add flowers to your trees using acrylic and a cotton bud, like you did for the foreground.
5) When your trees are dry cut them out and glue them onto your background.